Recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world in which we live. Because recycling is important to both the natural environment and us, we must act fast. The amount of waste we create is increasing all the time.
According to the EPA:
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States
How Do I Recycle?
Deciding to recycle items is just the first step, you also want to make sure the items are recycled correctly.
Household Hazardous Waste
According to the EPA “Leftover household products that contain corrosive, toxic, ignitable, or reactive ingredients are considered to be household hazardous waste (HHW). Products such as paints, cleaners, oils, batteries, and pesticides that contain potentially hazardous ingredients require special care when you dispose of them. HHW may be dangerous to people or bad for the environment if poured down the drain, dumped on the ground, or thrown out with regular trash.”
Contact us today to take care of all of your recycling services needs.